Tuesday 11 October 2011

Dear Hair...

This situation is hard to explain but I can't help feeling that over the last couple of weeks there has been something that has come between us.

This feeling has come to a head today and I can feel you slipping through my fingers - a far cry from what what we were as a partnership.  In a way I feel detached from this series of events as I have witnessed a change in you that I have not seen before, and have been readying myself for the instance where we may part company.

I'd like to say that it's not you - it's me.... and I 'm sure that you have your reasons for this distance I can detect when we are together.

I understand that our coping mechanisms are different when it comes to stress, and really feel like I need to pick up your pieces when you fall apart which is what I have found myself doing although we are separating.

As far as I am concerned this needn't be the end, and I am hopeful that one day when you are ready you will see what we had and return for another try - we were inseparable and I will be ready to accept you back into my life.

As for now, I understand why you have made yourself scarce.  I promise that I hold no anger toward you - as I say, I have seen this coming for some time now so was not surprised to see you were leaving me.

You are probably right in saying that I will find someone else, but as you know it will never be the same - I could never replace you - never will all of you leave me.

Take care of yourself, I hope to see you again - perhaps with a few changes on board.


Lots of love

Me xx

3 comments:

  1. Bloody love you!you will be ROCKING that Sinead O'connor Look!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Clarey! I don't think people found it as funny as I did writing it... it really was meant to be a bit of a piss-take! Breaking up is hard to do... especially when it's with your hair!!!

    Love you - still not allowed to get rest of hair cut properly until it's really fallen out as much as it can... something to do with the accuracy of the mask and radiation etc (don't want to mess with that!) but will be rocking a short do as soon as I'm able!

    Me xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I found it hilarious, it was totally frank, honest and a go way to let go of that relationship- its hard and Hair wasn't always good to you lol- you are going to have to write a wee novel and send it in to WW. You should have your own column, I am tres surprised you didn't do a journalism course!
    xx

    ReplyDelete