Saturday 31 December 2011

Happy New Year!

I took great pleasure last night in giving 2011 the big finger send off... I am looking forward to a relatively stress-free year with excellent health, minimal hospital visits and not too much vomit (from treatment of course!).

Coupled with making the most of family time, taking heaps of photos and enjoying the good days, I want to get camping and see more of this beautiful country we are blessed to be living in.

New years for us was a pretty quiet affair, we had the use of a cute little batch (and again tonight) which provided a change of scenery from the tent at Mum and Dad's place for 3 boys with cabin fever from all this rain.

My mindset and energy have dramatically improved from my last blog, thank goodness. I'd had enough and was feeling pretty low, but I want to thank my friends for their messages of support - you know who you are and big loves to you :o)

The 9th of January will be upon me soon enough, and I'm not looking forward to it one little bit... I guess in the grand scheme of things a week or so out of every month is a mere blip compared to others who perhaps feel crook all the time.   Every day is a day closer to 'S-day'  the day they are ready to scan me - end of Feb, early March perhaps.  This will bring about a whole new set of feelings, emotions and stresses, but only until I get the results that show that there's nothing to worry about.

In other exciting news, the hair that fell victim to my radiotherapy treatment is growing back... mostly.  I'm potentially in for a permanently higher forehead than I began with, but through the top of my head and my 'monk' bald patch at the back is itchy as buggery and I'm being told it looks like chicken skin... spunky I know but is the hair waiting to come through. Yay for me!

Take care, stay warm and dry and enjoy the first few days of our new year xx

1 comment:

  1. Hey Beauty, just grow a longer fringe!!!
    Love you xxxx

    ReplyDelete