Monday 30 January 2012

5 months.

This is take two on today's blog... lost the first edition in cyberspace...

Today marks five months since my craniotomy.

When I reflect on how much life has changed since then, it is just about hard to believe it was any different.  Apart from not driving, I feel back to my old self.  I've gotten used to not having a drink occasionally, used to having incredibly short hair, and used to the treatment schedule that I have been allocated.  I have become used to visiting my oncologist no longer fearing bad news every time as I did in the beginning.

My family has closed ranks and adjusts their schedules to accommodate my own - the best kind of taxi service one could hope for - I am truly grateful.

As a family we are more considerate and appreciative of one another, we know that it is not just my journey but a journey that affects those nearest and dearest to me.  Their well-being is paramount as I lean on them during the tough days when my own is compromised.

We hug each other and say 'I love you' much more than pre-diagnosis and I know I am incredibly lucky to have such a close-knit family.

Since my last entry I have completed my Diploma course and await graduation (17th Feb) with excitement and nervousness... I've been nominated as class representative to say a few words on behalf of the class.  Everyone that knows me knows I'm NOT a public speaker, but after the last few (5) months it has definitely been downgraded in terms of scariness so I'll give it a go!

We have recently returned from a whirlwind trip up North... We found a map that had the twin coast highway tour and did that - with a bus trip to Cape Reinga thrown in too.  Was a great celebration as I had finished that cycle of treatment, and found out my last two assignments had passed and I was finished my study!

Tomorrow I am due to have my first MRI scan since I began treatment...I am fairly confident that there will be no surprises, I feel fantastic and have had no symptoms so I'm not expecting bad news. Sure, I'll be nervous tomorrow and until I get results on the 7th if not sooner, but I have a feeling that everything will be okay.  The part I'm not looking forward to is having the line put in my arm... it's never an easy job to get one in me and they've booked me especially on a Wednesday when there is a Dr in-house to do it... goodie...

I will post again with any news I discover, until then, love much, laugh often and take care of those close to you.

Arohanui xx

2 comments:

  1. Will be awaiting your results. Take care me lovely and I also feel that there is no bad news coming. Love Sue

    ReplyDelete
  2. Proud to be an Osman since 1992! lOL Love you all and can't wait to hear some fantastic news. good luck on your "valedictorian" speech! you will kick arse! Can DaddyTim video it and put it on your FB for me!

    ReplyDelete