Wednesday 2 November 2011

Gameface...

is coming back.

From a rough few days, I am starting to see the turnaround.

For me I think the combination of coming down off the steroids, the passing of Aunty Jan (from cancer), and the tiredness of the treatment kicked in all in the same week and it was shite.  I leaned on my family and friends for support, and it proved to me that my support networks are in full swing - ready and able to step into action if and when needed.

A little while back I a newspaper article found me (it really did) and I have kept it on my desk ever since.  It was a list of  rules and tips for life, written by a 90 year old.  I can only hope to get to that age, but a few of the suggestions rang true for me this last week:

* It's okay to get angry with God.  He can take it.
* Cry with someone. It's more healing than crying alone.
* Life isn't fair, but it's still good.
* Take a deep breath. It calms the mind
* No one is in charge of your happiness but you.
* When in doubt, just take the next small step.
* Burn the candles, use the nice sheets, wear the fancy lingerie. Don't save it for a special occasion. 
  Today is special.
* Time heals almost everything.  Give time time.
* ALWAYS choose life.

The last one is so important to me as I fight this battle with all I've got. I've got sooo much to live for and I'm not going anywhere anytime soon thank you very much!

I have 3 more radiotherapy treatments left to go plus my chemo tablets until next Monday evening then I have a whole 4 weeks off - I am looking forward to getting back into work for the mornings, and back to class... both of which I have dearly missed!

Love, light, laughter and hugs xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment