Monday 26 September 2011

Be careful what you wish for...

Soooo... last blog said I was really ready to get on with treatment...Sunday afternoon we got the phonecall to let us know that today was the start day.  Right.  Not really ready after all.  Kinda wasn't expecting it to be quite this soon, thought we might have had another week up our sleeves!

I've started to plot the countdown on the calender and the 30 treatments will take me (us) through til the beginning of November - give or take a day or two.

The radiation and losing my hair I'm pretty sure I can cope with and feel comfortable about that bit.. I know I'm going to howl when it starts to fall out, but in the grand scheme of things it's the least of my worries!  The anxiety for me stems from the Temodol - my chemo tablets.  It is likely to make me nauseous and although we will be provided with anti-nausea stuff, it is such an unknown and I know it's 30 days worth to have to endure IF it does make me ill.

I do completely understand that there is no other option and I WILL do this thing.  This is the next step in the forward journey to beat this nasty and appears to be the standard 'next' step for brain tumour patients worldwide so here we go...

On a slightly exciting note - we went wig shopping yesterday... VERY cool!  Not at all as hideous as I thought it was going to be and even tried a human hair one - I was a bit creeped out at first but it really did feel lovely so we will see... back this afternoon for another look!  They were all very realistic and you'd never know I was pretending.  Just have to decide now which one.. there was really so many to choose from!  I am grateful for the government allocation for patients with permanent hair loss - it is quite generous and I will be able to surprise you all with more than one!

Enjoy your day, appreciate your loved ones, and savour the small wonders of life

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment