Thursday 29 September 2011

There are others out there...

So today whilst undergoing my 3rd (only 27 to go - YAHOO!!) lot of radiation therapy, my lovely Mummy struck up a conversation with a man who we had seen every day since we started, who was waiting for his wife.

His wife, as it turns out, had a brain tumour removed on the 31st of July, exactly one month before me.  I'd imagine she is quite some way into her radiation and it will be lovely to speak more about it when, no doubt, we will meet tomorrow.  Although I know it's a horrible thing to have to endure and wouldn't wish it on anyone, I was almost a little bit excited to hear that she is a brain tumour patient also - after feeling like I was the only one around... not so lonely little me after all!  Mum thought that she may have had the same surgeon as me so we could even share 'spunky Dr' and 'amazing Wellington Hospital' stories.

On a slightly crazy note, my beautiful bestie Nicci, who has proven herself to be an amazingly strong cancer survivor and Mummy of two beautiful babies... well, she text me this morning to tell me that her last lot of radiation therapy for her last cancer occurance began last year on exactly the same day that mine did... very spooky but kinda funny all at the same time... we flatted together and have looked out for each other for years and it was such a weird coincidence - Love you Nicci!

Really looking forward to Conference this weekend - I have missed my wonderful ladies at work, and it will be great to go and tautoko (support) them with the waiata after each speaker has spoken - since Palmy is hosting it this year!  I will endeavour to do as much of the day as I can, really miss my job and I think it will be a good inspiration for me to be back into it - even if it is just a day for the time being!

Anti- nausea drugs are downed, as are a couple of panadol for good measure - due for day three of Chemo drugs in half an hours time approx.  Feeling a lot less apprehensive about this as I was a few days ago... I was really nervous about them making me ill as I knew it was 6 weeks worth and was quite uneasy about this.  when the pharmacist at the hospital tells me not to touch the tablets before I put them into my mouth because they are so toxic - yet I still have to put them in my mouth and ingest them into my body... didn't, and still doesn't sit well with me but at least thus far they aren't showing their toxicity to any great degree on the outside - thus far and hoping for the best!

Arohanui xx

No comments:

Post a Comment